Saturday 26 October 2013

no chapel required



I'm going to be straight up with you: I'm not a wedding girl.  Not personally, anyway.  I never dreamed about white dresses, bridesmaids, flower arrangements or things borrowed and blue as a girl.  I was the opposite, not opposed to marriage or weddings whatsoever, just not really interested by them.  Whenever a wedding did catch my attention, it would be one like the final scene in Runaway Bride: outdoors, glorious fall colors and no one in sight but two lovers loving.

Perfect.

However, I greatly appreciate how thoughtful and intentional many are in their wedding preparations.  There is so much inspiration in celebrating something as awesome as love.  LOVE.  Triumphant, ebullient love.  It's quite the honour to witness how people choose to commemorate something so intimate to them and important to everyone.

Enter lovemadevisible.  I've never seen weddings so beautifully captured and eternally honoured as by these South African photographers.  Nary a hand squeeze, tear drop or laugh line is missed; their photographs emphasise the emotions evoked on such happy occasions.  You feel like you know each couple they photograph, and the joy of each union shines through rolls of film.  They do indeed make love visible.  If you want a beautiful, uplifting activity for your afternoon, go peruse their webpage and bask in the warmth.

















































To accompany the theme of magnificent, jubilant love, have a listen to Paper Kites doing their best 'findin' some love' song, and my favorite march down the aisle pick, Once there was a Hushpuppy, from Beasts of the Southern Wild.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me anything!